Growing up!
The Flanagan clan is doing well lately, in part because of
all the time we can now spend outside. Mom “Nana” came to visit a little while
ago, and she and Ben spent lots of time in the garden and exploring local
parks. Because of her help with Ben, Will and I were able to see a movie and go
out for one of the nicest meals we’ve had in Halifax. Mom and I saw a great
play too, and it was wonderful to feel a little more balanced.
Ben is doing incredibly well, and is finally sleeping
through the night on his own (touch wood). He’s a very happy and fearless
little person, and loves to climb! He also started a swimming group last week, and enjoys parts of it, even though his little lips turn blue from the cold. Most importantly, he can now say most of his name-- "En!"
I’ve been reading some great books lately, and Will has been
enjoying cycling more and spending time in the garden. We’re even starting to
think about planning a real adventure for the summer—cycle touring with Ben! We
did a trial run this morning in our new cycle trailer. We’ll need to try a few
more trips before we know whether Ben is up for the challenge. We hope that you’re all well and would
love news and updates.
This time we've posted a video of Ben with one of his best friends, Puppy. Monkey, Baby and Penguin are the other members of his current clan.



that is so cute! I notice he still likes to say 'ah oh', which now seems to have taken on different inflections. I look forward to seeing him later in the year!
ReplyDeleteIs that your hat, Helen, that he's wearing in the picture where he's on his tricycle?
ReplyDelete