Back home

I can't believe that we've been back in Halifax for nearly a month already. It's been very nice to settle into our new place, and we're enjoying our neighborhood. It's been a bit hard adjusting to staying home in the evenings, although on Canada day (when this picture was taken) we managed to go to a party for a few hours.


 For the past two weeks Maggie has been visiting, and she and Will have been looking after Ben while I'm at work. They've been baby-proofing the house and going on mini-adventures whenever it's possible.   Three adults to one baby is definitely a better ratio than two! This past weekend we had a great day with friends who live 45 minutes out of Halifax. After a boat ride through the mist, we took Ben for an icy dip (he enjoyed it, but his lips were a little blue afterwards).





Ben has changed so much. He's now crawling quickly, cruising along the edge of furniture, and having conversations like this one:


I miss him a lot when I'm at work, but I am enjoying cycling each day, learning new things, seeing people regularly, and trying to get my mojo back.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onwards and Forthwards! (By Ben)

In the Beginning (by Ben)

Edinburgh (by Ben)