Paignton and Sheffield
After Bristol we traveled south to Paignton to visit Doug and Jean. It was a wonderful visit, with sunny walks and delicious food. I developed a new appreciation for Devon, with it's gorgeous seaside and proximity to Dartmour.
The beachfront wasn't too busy yet, aside from rows of beach huts and seagulls. Ben enjoyed meeting "Grandpa Douglie and Libby", and was full of smiles. He also learned to move from sitting to lying down during the visit!
Next, we traveled north to Penistone. I enjoyed introducing both Will and Ben to England's "highest market town." It was lovely to see Susan and to introduce Ben to his great grandparents. Ben was born on my grandfather's birthday, and it was nice to see the two of them together. Being in Pensitone with Ben brought back memories of nice visits there when I was younger. I enjoyed spending time with family in a place where my relatives have lived for generations.
The beachfront wasn't too busy yet, aside from rows of beach huts and seagulls. Ben enjoyed meeting "Grandpa Douglie and Libby", and was full of smiles. He also learned to move from sitting to lying down during the visit!
Next, we traveled north to Penistone. I enjoyed introducing both Will and Ben to England's "highest market town." It was lovely to see Susan and to introduce Ben to his great grandparents. Ben was born on my grandfather's birthday, and it was nice to see the two of them together. Being in Pensitone with Ben brought back memories of nice visits there when I was younger. I enjoyed spending time with family in a place where my relatives have lived for generations.






Sweet - your grandparents must have been so delighted to meet Ben!
ReplyDelete